Spicy Kale Chips
By Helen Mikuska
We are harvesting from the garden and enjoying the benefits and freshness of home grown veggies. Here is a wonderful nutritious snack you can create with Kale!
Two large bunches of kale (or as many as you’d like to make)
Red Cayenne pepper
- Wash kale, spin it dry or pat dry with paper towel. You can also let it sit in the sun to dry. Must be dry! Remove stem and break into two inch pieces.
- Place parchment paper on cookie trays.
- Place kale in bowl & pour olive oil lightly over them. Mix up with hands.
- Place on trays leaving space between each piece. Do not pile up.
- Lightly shake red cayenne pepper of them and nutritional yeast. This chips are spicy, so what I did was do this for one tray, then the second tray just nutritional yeast. And I kept alternating like this. Then when I put them into a container/bowl, I alternate each of them.
- Oven 325 degrees and cook 16-24 minutes until the edges are crispy. For me 18 minutes worked great. (Do not turn your convection oven on as it will burn the kale.)
They are light as feathers when you pop them in your mouth, they just melt – all that nutrition is so good for you! You can also crumble up the kale in your hands and add it to your salads – delicious!