Below are a few providers of Liability Insurance for Yoga Teachers. There are many providers out there, but these were the most reasonably priced we could find, and you can buy directly from them. Rates and provisions are subject to change – please check with each provider. We are hoping hope this information is helpful to you.
Dan Lawrie Insurance Brokers Providers for Canadian Fitness Liability Insurance
Quality Insurance Coverage
- Comprehensive Coverage up to $2,000,000
- Commercial General Liability with Professional Extension
- Personal Injury Liability
- Products Liability
- Employees as additional insured
- Tenants Legal Liability – $1,000,000 Limit
- Non-Owned Automobile
- Your Legal Liability for Injury to Participants is automatically covered!
- $10,000 Limit for Contents Coverage with a $1,000 deductible
Call 905-525-7259 or 1-800-661-1518 or fill in the online quote form at http://danlawrie.com/specialty_programs/fitness_training.html
Lackner McLennan Professional and General Liability Insurance Providers
- $1,000,000 or $5,000,000 Professional Liability (PLI). $0 deductible
- Occurrence based policy* (see below)
- $25,000 Legal Expense Coverage
- $10,000 Criminal Expense Coverage
- $1,000,000 or $5,000,000 Commercial General Liability (CGL)
- $10,000 Office Protection Coverage
- $250,000 Tenant’s Legal Liability
- Free Legal Advice with a professional lawyer
- No restriction regarding class size nor participant age
- Canada wide coverage. International coverage available.
- Coverage available for Aerial Yoga and Paddleboard Yoga
- Rates start at $225/year.
- 24 hour turnaround for new business
Please Contact Joan Bowden at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-265-2625 ext 336
Holman Insurance Brokers Ltd at Yoga-Insurance.ca offers Yoga, Fitness and Dance Insurance liability policy for $175 a year, without joining an association. Each applicant is provided an “Occurrence-Form policy”* with $2,000,000 Commercial General Liability, Professional Liability, Tenants Legal Liability, and Injury o Participants for Yoga teachers.
Yoga Studio Rates start at $600 a year.
- 150 Optional Modalities available for nutrition, esthetics, energy work, Bowen, kinesiology, Reiki, etc.
- No exclusions to kids, babies, older adult, specialized populations, Hot Yoga (i.e. Bikram, Moksha, etc.)
- Coverage is portable allowing you to operate at multiple studios, retreats, your home; church’s or attends people’s homes as well across the nation!
- Coverage available for Multiple Modalities, International Yoga Retreats, Paddle Board Yoga on the Water, Aerial Yoga, including silks, Trapeze, Zumba, Reiki, Pilates, Belly Fit
We also know that Instructors are more likely to be injured than participants….. We offer an optional Sports Accident Coverage per instructor, with a sum is $50,000 in case you become injured during a class for $25. This broad coverage will cover each instructor for virtual any injuries sustained and reimburse for dental, emergency transportation, rehabilitation, medical expenses, out of pocket expenses, etc.
Please Contact Peter Fetherston at email@example.com or 905-886-5630 Ext 1428.
Contact Tracey Rizzi, RIBO 1-800-461-5087. Special rates for Yoga Association of Alberta teachers (visit YAA at yoga.ca)
* Definition of Occurrence Based Policy: As opposed to a Claims-made policy in which you continue to purchase after your leave the industry, an Occurrence-Form policy is a type of policy, which covers losses that happen during a given period of time. This loss can be reported years later, but the “key” is when it happened. In other words, even if you cancel, leave the industry, change career or non-renew your insurance; coverage will always be in place for incidents, which occurred during that time