(To be completed prior to retreat)
1) There are 14 written assignments to be completed prior to arriving at the Immersion portion of the Program. Please register as early as possible prior to the Immersion to give yourself time to complete these. Textbooks and a Manual will be sent to you upon registration.
2) Regular practice in yoga classes or workshops.
3) You will need a basic course in Anatomy and Physiology (15-20 hours). If you have done this in the past, you do not need to redo this. We offer you two convenient and cost effective options to take the course online. Please choose one that you can complete before arriving at the immersion retreat:
- “Online Anatomy with Martin Kirk”. This course is perfect for those who do not have any background in Anatomy and want to learn it in relation to Yoga and asana. This is an online pre-recorded 15 hour webinar format. Work at your own pace and register at any time. Students will have access to all of Martin’s webinars (spine, shoulder, pelvis, leg/knee/ankle/foot, arm/elbow/wrist/hand) and Martin’s anatomy slides. As well, students have access to an exclusive Facebook group where Martin addresses any questions, and where there are some really lively anatomy and yoga therapy discussions taking place. The recordings are always available to you, even after completion. Go to kirkyoga.com and look for the online training in Anatomy. The discounted price for students registered in the SOYA Teacher Training is $125.00US (regularly $300.00 US) Please email SOYA for the Student Discount Code.
- “I love Anatomy” with Susi Hately. This course offers a unique process that enables you to learn anatomy and apply the principles in every yoga class you teach, no matter the style you teach. This 15 hour course focuses more on a therapeutic approach to asana, and is best suited for those who already have some understanding of Anatomy. The I Love Anatomy Process is a 4 week program that is offered 3 times a year (spring, summer and fall). All lessons are online at the start of the program, and can be accessed at any time during that month. After each lesson, students submit their questions to the discussion board, and each day, Susi and her team of Functional Synergy trained mentors respond to questions. Go to functionalsynergy.com and look for the online training. The cost is approximately $99.00CA if students register early. SOYA students need to email SOYA for a SOYA Student CODE , which sets it up so you will receive quizzes, a final test, and a certificate of attendance upon completion.